Monday 6 May 2013

Rainbow Ombre Nails

After receiving a message from my friend Lou suggesting Ombre nails, I did some youtube research and found several tutorials by just writing ombre nails. 

What you need:
1. Several of your favourite nail varnish's 

2. A base colour, white, or nude
3. Beauty sponges ( I bought 4 for £1.75 available here : Boots Sponges
4. Cellotape


How to get this effect:
1. Start off my Cello-taping around your nails to keep the edges neat and tidy
2. Apply a base colour and let it dry, 2 coats is best

3. Get one of your beauty sponges and cut it just bigger than the shape of your  nail
4.Loosen your nail varnish pots and apply strips in the order you want on your nail

5. Roll over your nails for the ombre effect
6. Repeat twice if you're brave.
7.Apply a top coat when it is dry

Voila!

Now don't worry it took me a lot of this afternoon to get this and I still have some perfecting to do but it is a fun nail art effect to do whilst watching your favourite programme or whilst enjoying the sun!

How did you get on?

2 comments:

  1. Will you come and do mine next week?!
    I'm officially a University Alumni next wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so exciting, good luck on exams bby girl, I will come see you for a revision break asap xxx

    ReplyDelete