Thursday 13 June 2013

Gelly Nails, what is all the fuss?

Everyone has gone mad for Barry M's Gelly nails, so I decided that of course I would have to try it and see what all the fuss was about. Having had gel nails for my birthday in December, I was well aware of their appeal. Gel nails claim to last up to atleast 7 days chip free, and I managed to go 5 weeks without them chipping! So when the cheaper gelly Barry M nail varnish came out I can understand why everyone jumped at them.





Now don't get me wrong, the colour, G14 Lychee, it is my favourite nude varnish. It is perfect for adding a little glitter too, or for that outspoken outfit. But, and that's the problem, there are buts.

The instructions say to apply basecoat before the varnish, which I did, and used the Barry M basecoat, which I love, but from there on in it was disastrous.

Firstly it takes aggggessss to dry. For me it took a good 20 minutes to dry fully, and even after that kept smudging.

Secondly it chipped within a day. I'd love to know what I am doing wrong as I have read reviews of bloggers saying they've been chip free for days!

And thirdly everything that touched my nails left an imprint. It was weird, and almost jelly like, (as the name suggests) but I am sure it wasn't supposed to do that. I didn't even have 2 layers on!

I have read many positive reviews, and don't get me wrong I love the colour, but I will be steering clear of the gellies and heading for my nearest salon.

1 comment:

  1. I always finish with Seche Vite which leaves them completely dry in 5 minutes & chip-free for at least a week - I LOVE them!!

    Sarah
    Fortytherapy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete